Notice of Annual Meeting of Homeowners to be Held on March 3, 2018
TO: THE HOMEOWNERS OF ROCKAWAY BEACH RESORT HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION
You are cordially invited to attend the Annual Meeting of Homeowners to be held on Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 1:00 PM local time, at the Shilo Inn/Portland Airport, 11707 NE Airport Way, Portland, Oregon, 97220 to consider and take action upon the following matters:
- Electing or appointing Directors of the Homeowners Association to serve the ensuing 2 years and until their successors shall be elected and qualify.
- Approval of the 2018 Budget as authorized and unanimously adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Transacting such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
The close of business on December 31, 2017 has been fixed by the Board of Directors as the record date for determining the Homeowners entitled to notice of and to vote at the Annual Meeting.
It is desirable that your vote be represented at the meeting, regardless of the number of ownerships you may hold. Whether or not you expect to be present in person, you are requested to date and sign the enclosed proxy and return it in the provided self-addressed envelope before February 15, 2018. Homeowners who are present at the meeting may revoke their proxy in person.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS, Marc Sneddon, President
ROCKAWAY BEACH RESORT, INC. ASSESSMENT BILLING AND COLLECTION POLICY
- Dues and assessments: 2018 dues have been set at $ 534.00 per share. On or before January 15, 2018, Owners are mailed the Dues Statement. If paying Dues by credit or debit card there is a $15.00 credit/debit card fee per share. Full payment for dues is due, on or before February 15, 2018. If you are delinquent, your reservations will be cancelled, and you may not make or hold a reservation until your account is brought current. Exchange requests cannot be granted or confirmed. Existing, confirmed exchanges will be blocked and the exchange organization notified. Active Rental contracts will be blocked.
- Delinquency: Dues not paid in full by February 15, 2018 shall be considered DELINQUENT. If your dues payment is delinquent, management will add interest, and a late fee on the unpaid balance. A collection notice will be sent and the Board of Directors may, at its discretion, submit delinquent accounts to an attorney for formal notification of default, and demand for payment (Legal Notice). Cost of Legal Notice will be added to delinquent owner’s accounts. If the account is yet delinquent on April 15, 2018, the Board of Directors may, at its discretion, implement any of the following actions: Any related costs for these actions will be added to the delinquent owner’s account. 1. Engage a professional collection agency or attorney for collection of any past due payments. 2. File a Claim of Assessment Lien. 3. Foreclose on the Claim of Assessment Lien. 4. Institute a Small Claims suit or other action.
- A Courtesy Extended by the Board - Choosing the Payment Plan: By choosing the only alternative to paying in full on or before February 15, 2018, contact RBR office for a payment plan form (or click here) , complete and sign and send it with your first payment which must be received on or before February 15, 2018. A processing fee of $39.00, which includes interest, will be added to your account, making the total dues amount $573.00 per share, divided into three (3) monthly payments of $191.00 per share. If paying Dues by credit or debit card there is a $15.00 credit/debit card fee per share. The three monthly payments are due February 15, March 15, and April 15, 2018. There will be no exceptions.
- If a shareholder is delinquent with any payment, the dues will be considered delinquent and shareholder will lose eligibility for this payment plan. The unpaid balance will become due immediately, paid in full.
- If you are delinquent, your reservations will be cancelled, and you may not make or hold a reservation until your account is brought current. Exchange requests cannot be confirmed. Existing, confirmed exchanges will be blocked and the exchange organizations notified. Rental program contracts will be blocked.
Thanks to all Board, committee members and owners for their tireless donations of time, energy, expertise and various donations such as books, games and movies.
MESSAGE FROM THE
Happy New Year and greetings from the sandy shores of RBR!
First of all, thanks are in order to those owners that responded to the last newsletter and sent me suggestions for improvement for the Resort. All are under consideration by the Board and further discussion/decisions will be made at the Annual Meeting on March 3 in Portland. Please plan on attending if possible. Please feel free to make any suggestions at any time.
Secondly, another round of thanks to our great staff. You have also shown your gratitude through notes and in person which I know are appreciated.
Jeff’s report outlines the upgrades and continuing improvements being made to the Resort in his report. Happily, we are able to maintain the dues at last years amount while still keeping the quality of the Resort.
We do have shares for sale and it would help our bottom line if they were sold. So often our best salespeople are our current owners. If you are in need of a sales pitch, here are some ideas for you (in David Letterman style!)
- Facilities that include an indoor pool and spa. Very important in Oregon!
- Hiking, fishing, etc. within 30 minutes of your room.
- Quiet with relaxing atmosphere and you can get local wine and cheese close by to enhance the comfort!
- RCI trading value. My wife and I recently traded our one week for 3 weeks on RCI. Its particularly good when there is an RCI sale. You can’t travel that much? Makes a great gift to a friend or your kids.
- Cost per share! Can’t be beat!
- The dues are kept low, particularly in comparison to other timeshare properties. Timeshares have received a bad name over the years because of exorbitant purchase prices and nearly as high yearly dues. We have been very fortunate.
- Great owners that are not only respectful to each other but to the property which also has allowed us to keep dues from rising at an alarming rate.
- 24 MILE BEACH AT YOUR DOORSTEP!!!
- 24 MILE BEACH AT YOUR DOORSTEP!!!
- 24 MILE BEACH AT YOUR DOORSTEP!!!
We wish you the healthiest and happiest 2018 and see you at the beach.
President, Board of Directors
MESSAGE FROM THE
What a WONderful time I am having running this place! RBR is officially a FUN place to work now, and I see the attitude of the staff reflected in the work they do and how they treat our owners!
Our big push right now is to sell some of these extra shares the Resort owns now. This will not only bring some new blood into the ownership, it will also ease the burden on current owners by spreading the bills out amongst a larger group! It will also allow us to be more proactive with our improvement schedule.
This year we’ll be doing some big improvements on the Resort! We’ll be fixing the roof of the South building to make it just like the North; much safer and more wind-resistant.
We will also FINally be doing the LAST fix to the wi-fi! I brought in my network guy to design a network for us, and we’ll be using fiber optic internet cable to power it. My goal is to never have to think or talk about the wi-fi here ever again! And this fix will do that!
We are also fixing the blinds in the whole South building. The new ones will be shades: solar ones in the living room and kitchen that you’ll be able to see through (but not from outside). And blackout curtains on the bedroom window. We’ll be doing room 103 shortly, and if that works out like we think it will, we’ll do the rest.
We’re also going to be trying out some new sofa-sleepers. I’ve arranged with Roby’s Furniture in Tillamook to give us DEEP discounts on some high-quality sleepers AND mattresses. We’ll try them out in a few rooms, see how they hold up, and replace the ones that need replacing as we go along. These new sofas are not only comfortable to sleep on, they are also really comfortable to sit on!
For those of who haven’t heard yet, we now have crabbing & clamming equipment we are happy to check out to you! Once a month or so, I’ll be having crabbing & clamming clinics, where I will take people out and show them how to do it, then back to the Rec Room for cooking & cleaning lessons. Look for a schedule of these events on our Facebook page! While you’re at it, check out our new web page at ezrbr.com and see our new 24 hour live Beach-Cam!
SHARES FOR SALE
The Board is offering shares for sale at $ 695.00 for the first 100 shares that sell, and that includes the maintenance fees of $534 for the first year’s use.
Remember, whether you buy 1 share or 5 shares, you only pay ONE closing fee! So the 2nd & 3rd shares are JUST $161/each and you own nothing until Feb 2019!
We are also extending the referral bonus of $100/share to owners who refer anyone that buys 1 share or more from RBR!
Go to our website at ezrbr.com or call the Resort (503) 355-2191 for your official sales packet!
The packet includes detailed information about using and/or trading a timeshare, good info for friends and family.
Applicants are needed to fill upcoming vacancies on the
Board of Directors for Rockaway Beach Resort...
Interested Rockaway Beach Resort owners
in good standing should send a letter of interest
and brief resume to the Board President,
Rockaway Beach Resort Board of Directors
c/o Rockaway Beach Resort, Inc.
615 N Pacific St
Rockaway Beach, OR 97136
Marc Sneddon, President
Newsletter Committee Chair
James Miller, Treasurer
Finance Committee Chair
Linda Sneddon, Secretary
Design Committee Chair
John Thomas, Vice President
Nominating Committee Chair
John Cavanaugh, Long Range Planning
Michael Langsdorf, By-Laws
Bert Cornick, Grievance Committee Chair
Jeff Hunter, General Manager
800-824-1611 x 404
Business Office: Sandra, Administrative Assistant.
Office Staff: Angelique, Evelyn, Laura, Nathan, Nicole.
Maintenance Staff: Bob, Charles, Mark, Nathan.
Housekeeping Staff: Berenice,
Jennie, Maria, Nicole, Rosanna, Sandra C.
Sat - Thurs:
9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
8:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Board minutes available at RBR office: